Camc Health System - Uncertain hernia mesh potential

3.0

hello , the reason for the second surgery could have been wrong thread to sow hernia mesh I am not quite clear on the reason for second surgery received a letter from CAMC feb/07/2018 stating seven years from date of surgery regarding surgical complications impedes ability to evaluate matter, the mesh is still in my abdomen from the date of surgery it has gradually manifested its complication with time to taken IBUPROPHEN for pain and FAMOTIDINE for upset stomach, I fear worser complication will manifest in future if the mesh fails or unforeseeable complications would require medical action to be resolved this causes me to be concern the mesh is still permanent uncertain potential that needs to be address update thank you

Product or Service Mentioned: Camc Health System Surgery.

Reason of review: uncertain hernia potential.

Preferred solution: confirm the hernia potential is a health concern CAMC second surgery is a sign of the first surgery failure .

I didn't like: Hernia surgery potential health risk second surgery.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 12.

Comments

hello. Hernia mesh complication update, I decided to follow up on CAMC letter of intent Feb 06 2018 , and confirm my concerns of my present diagnosis, I must notify CAMC, by letter that gradual process of this mesh surgery though late in its manifesting hernia mesh complications I fear it has future medical concerns that warrant my attention to bring to CAMC attention by mail, I have also confirm legal council I will try to keep updated on any news thank you

Camc Health System - Surgery Hernia mesh

4.0
Additional Fees

hello CAMC Charleston Area Medical Center 9/5/2011 hernia surgery for large stomach hernia after first surgery the second surgery was within 12 hours of the first to replace the mesh after the second surgery, week in hospital and released, this mesh has caused me complication irregular bowel , urinate on myself ,mesh stiffness, mesh pain, stomach upset, ibuprofen for pain, Famotidine for stomach upset , though it has been years I still have the mesh the surgery placed there from the second surgery, this is not right for acceptable service after surgery complication should be at least a concern of CAMC to confirm that the surgery is complete ( the fact that the surgery was done over ) was CAMC error in the medical records makes this a valid complaint I feel to bring to CAMC attention please consider this a written formal complaint surgical error thank you Ricky Jarvis 518 Church St Spencer, West Va , 304-927-6007 wildcat111956@yahoo.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Camc Health System Surgery.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 01.

Camc Health System - Review on CAMC Memorial Hospital in Charleston, WV

Debra Ann Kennedy — My mother was admitted to the hospital with 6 pounds of fluid on her body. This should have been a simple process but the first hospitalist said it was a balancing act and not to worry, they would have her back to normal soon. I traveled from Charlotte and stayed with my mother every night and waited for the Doctor's to do their rounds and then my father stayed with my Mom when I left so she had family with her 24/7. We had so many issues with this hospital with mistakes, patient neglect and lack of communication.

Over the course of her stay, she had 4 different hospitalist which meant she did not have a team of Doctor's that knew her history. She was moved to ICU and the nursing staff there was amazing. The demise of her health came when she was moved to 4 West. When we arrived on this floor, our nurse said that this floor was under staffed, the nurses were lazy and that hopefully we would get a good nurse as she was leaving her shift and off for 4 days.. We were not so lucky. This hospital hires a lot of traveling nurses and one confided in me that she could not wait for her contract to be up as this hospital and this floor were the worst she had seen in her 20 years in the business. My Mother's room was rarely cleaned and the nurses were never available. One day we waited 3 hours for the nurse to arrive after we called and called on the call button. Incorrect drugs were given to her so make sure you have the nurse give you a list of the drugs given daily as they make many mistakes.

The reason she was admitted was to remove the fluid but she was not even weighed daily. I finally ask if they could start weighing her as I felt she was gaining fluid instead of losing fluid from her body. I had heard horror stories from other patients about the Doctor's and the care given at this hospital and unfortunately they were correct. My Mother passed away on August 30th. I have heard great things about Saint Francis Hospital and the hospital in Huntington. I feel my mother would have lived had she been admitted to one of those hospitals. My two best friends are Doctors in Charlotte and they say that she had the worst case of patient neglect they have ever seen. I just do not want anyone else to experience what we have been through.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 16, 2015.

Comments

I pray I will never have to experience what Maxine Brown went through at this hospital, there can be no excuse for such treatmentpadow

I talked with Debra several times while Her Mom was in this Hospital ....the treatment she recieved was less than acceptable...It was very stressful for Debra and her Family having to witness this negligence.

Her Mother was not given the care she should have. The carelessness of the staff is inexcusable. Families put their trust in Nurses and Doctors to take care of their loved ones in the Hospital, its unfortunate this is not experienced Here.